adventuresofxt&dd

Friday, December 08, 2006

random nonsense from xt
Hello pple, finally an update from xt... ITS DEC! Life in France has been going well but I have been missing CJK and XLBs for a long long time already so I am really looking forward to going home! This exchange in Europe is really a new experience for me, I have washed more clothes and more dishes in these 3 months than I EVER did in the past 18 years or something. I realised how powerful my mum is.

Cheryl who just came over a couple of days ago commented that I am a chinaman for missing all the cheena stuff like fried rice and chinese tv shows but I guess thats just me, I don't feel totally at home in Europe. Its also not easy when you have been missing a person since day 1. I know the place is insanely beautiful with all the monuments and stuff and the museums here are just crazy.. I have spent 9 hours straight in the British Museum but somehow I still feel that while Europe is a great place for spending a vacation and to sightsee but theres no place like home!
Being in Europe also made me appreciate Singapore even more:

1. you can walk around at 4am without fearing being mugged/stabbed/whacked/raped etc.

2. you can buy stuff at 4am.

3. shops are open on sunday.

4. you dont have to stay awake and stare at everybody on the mrt becaz you are worried that you will get pickpocketed.

5. you dont have to wait go to the bank 4 times and wait for a week for them to print your account balance.

6. you dont have to stand in line at the post office for 40mins with 2 counters open and JUST 4 people in front of you to post a letter.

I guess now that I have sort of seen the rest of the world, I can say confidently that Singapore is a great place even though we dont have chewing gum and that you get fined for jaywalking around school.

now for the pics..
..me in amsterdam
...christmas lights in london
...the big ben.. i think.. haha


... the british museum .. thats one of the doors of Sargon's palace, some assyrian dude.
...the Elgin marbles
... visiting Xuefen in Nice..
...the Bay of Angels
...me and Yixuan on the Nice beach
...Monaco! check out the houses and the yachts.
...the exit of the Monaco F1 tunnel

Nice is a very nice place. haha.. Thats it!

-the xt

4 Comments:

  • duuude. i hear you about the no-place-like-home part. heh.

    By Blogger the zee, at 10:58 AM  

  • yupyup! prawn noodle here i come!! haha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:22 PM  

  • am i the one person you've been missing since day 1? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:34 PM  

  • i wanna wack xlb too! she reads ur blog rite xt?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home